Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Flashing

8725 Views 30 Replies Latest reply: 2017-05-04 22:34:40

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-10-19 00:44:57

Had v3.15 and have  v3.16 maxiflash firmware and could not use free Honda j2534 software

emailed support months ago, they said new firmware coming

emailed them recently, they says its available

Can flash gm pcm tcm

what is everybody else flashing with maxiflash and 908 to completion

any input .just curious

are we really taking a gamble flashing with maxiflash

has any body bricked a module

or    not having any ploblems at all

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-03-15 08:28:34 (Reply to:Jim)

Here's what I've done with the maxi so far:

Toyota
    -program new pcm in several late 2000s vehicles
    -update ecm, bcm, hybrid pcm, and tcm on several different Lexus and Toyota 
    -full Techstream usability 

Chrysler 
    -several pcm installs on mid 2000s vans
    -update various modules on 2013 RAM and Dart
    -no WiTech only J2534 reflashing

Nissan 
    -several TSB related pcm updates on Versa and 350z
    -no CONSULT only J2534 updating

Honda
    -pcm/tcm updates on early to mid 2000s civic, accord, and 07 pilot.
    -full HDS diagnostics on above vehicles. Anything newer than 07 and jbox locks up, both j2534 and hds.

GM
    -pcm update on 08 2500 duramax, TSB related pcm updates for Acadia and terrain (all j2534).
    -only messed with GDS2 briefly, but it appears to be functional

Subaru
    -Flashwrite worked successfully on an 08 Outback ECU update.
    -have not tested with Select Monitor 3 or 4

I have a Rotunda VCM that I use for Ford IDS, but I will try jbox in the future. I've never bricked any modules, and always use a regulated external power supply when flashing. Connectivity with newer Honda/Acura vehicles was disappointing. 

Overall I'm very pleased with the maxi. I hope autel puts more effort into the updates and it will be a great all around tool.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-16 20:29:03 (Reply to:nikkoms)

I am currently using HDS 3.101.015  2017 version with autel jbox  and it works great on all vehicle year and models. the only issue I have had is reprogramming keys on pushbutton type  2015 and above but any other than that its been great. you can get this software from cartechnology.co.uk  I recommend  mr Hasoon's  paid version but there may be others for free. it also comes with all calibration update files for the j2534. this software has to be patch in order to fully work with the jbox, don't try using a jbox on a regular hds version without the patch.     one question I will like to know though which version of java are you using for Chrysler j2534 app ? I have'd issues with Chrysler from 2010 and up only. thanks.  

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-03-22 05:17:58 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Hey,

I'm running the latest version of Java available. I separate every manufacturer onto different Windows x86 VM images so as to not have any driver issue or external interference. What kind of issues are you having with Chrysler?

I built another VM and this time only used HDS (not I-HDS), and I've got it running smoothly now. Thanks for the tip!

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-22 20:34:32 (Reply to:nikkoms)

yeah that's the same software I have but patched for immo functions,  got it from here  http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=19190&highlight=honda+hds    need to register first to get access to the downloads. I fixed the Chrysler issue, it seems it was the java version I was using was either corrupted or the wrong one, thanks.

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-03-25 08:41:05 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

No problem, thank you for giving me confidence that HDS can work. How are you getting around the PIN for IMMO in HDS? It seems Honda has changed up the algorithm and older calculators do not work, at least the ones I can find.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-25 13:04:30 (Reply to:nikkoms)

I call a friend at the dealer for the code. also when using the old calculator change the year by 10, example todays date is 3 25 17 or 25 3 17  you will use 3 25 07    0r 25 3 07  this method worked for me last year, have not tried this year though but only try one code at a time then cycle ignition or a released code will be needed depending on the count the code changes, I locked up a few messing around good luck.

•   Level 4   
    (153) points
    Emmanuel89

2017-03-26 01:48:52 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

That version of Honda have the immo unlocked? Got a copy of that pin calculator?
    I can email you a file for techstream v8.10....full function including immo aside from flashing, reads up to 2016, last car I was able to read was a 2016 Lexus RC.
    Best you put it on a diffrent laptop, don't load it the laptop you use techstream to flash.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-26 13:46:36 (Reply to:Emmanuel89)

yes but not through ihds, have to use hds and you have to use the registry patch to get  immo function. I have the latest techstream 12.030 or something and get my codes from here  https://www.weboctopus.nl/lexus-scion-toyota-pass-code-by-seed-code-calculator.php how this site works, you have to buy tokens but if you don't use your tokens you get the free functions for live, not the case with techstream which uses tokens though. what I have done is I use 2 different emails accounts  and bought me 2 different subs, use one for the tokens and the other for the free stuff . 25 euros which was like 27 dollars for5 tokens, can't beat that 5 bucks each.

•   Level 4   
    (153) points
    Emmanuel89

2017-03-27 13:16:04 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

You should also check out vinlocks.com too
    It has seed codes for Toyota, ACU codes for Hyundai/Kia to program new airbag modules
    Nissan BCM codes. Prices are about the same, 10 per vin.....I've used it a lot for Toyota and confirm it works

Total4 Pages